Accounts at Alternatives Credit Union are designed to meet our mission. We have designed our deposit accounts to meet the financial needs of the members of this community, including members with modest incomes.
Our savings accounts have no monthly service charges or transaction fees, and only a $5 minimum balance requirement. Dividends are earned on balances above $5.
Share draft (checking) accounts are also offered to anyone who lives in Ithaca, Tompkins County, and the adjacent counties of Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Schuyler, Seneca and Tioga.
Certain deposits are available immediately, but we will place a "hold" on others. See our check hold policy for details.
Fresh Start Accounts are available for members who do not qualify for our regular account due to prior difficulties maintaining a positive account balance.
Certificates can be started with as little as $100, and offer competitive dividend rates.Routing information for direct deposits to Alternatives Federal Credit Union members: routing and transit number (also known as ABA number) is 221381867.
Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union 4450 Weaver Pkwy. Warrenville, IL 60555
ABA # 221381715
Alternatives Federal Credit Union
Account # 221381867
Member’s Name, Account Number, and Account Type
Because we are not set up to directly receive international wires, we do not have a SWIFT code. In order for us to receive an international wire, you must send your wire via a financial institution in the US that is associated with the originating financial institution, who will then transmit funds to Alternatives via Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union.
No more waiting in lines with Mobile Deposit. Mobile Deposit is now live on Alternatives Federal Credit Union's app. Our app has been rebranded for a fresher look, better navigation and to provide an improved user experience and address bug fixes.
Next time you're crunched for time, avoid the lines and make your deposit from anywhere at any time using your smartphone. Upgrade today for improved convenience.
Mobile Deposit FAQ
- Endorse your check with your account number and 'For Deposit Only', and place on a flat surface with a solid background.
- Open Alternatives FCU App and Log in.
- Tap 'Mobile Deposit'.
- Follow instructions and prompts on the screen:
- Choose account for the deposit
- Enter the dollar amount of the check
- Take a photo of the front, then the back
- Click “Submit”
- Look for the email notification confirming the deposit was received. There will be a second email up to one business day later to let you know if the deposit was accepted, adjusted, or rejected.
- Mark your check so you know it has been deposited. Keep your check in a safe place for a couple of weeks, then shred.
- A member in good standing.
- Have a valid email address on file.
- The membership account is not a Trust, Living Trust, Beneficiary or Association, Estate, Rep Payee, POA, IOLA, or Fresh Start account.
No per-item limits like most financial institutions. You can deposit as many checks as needed up to the daily amount limit, which is $3,000.
For the best experience:
- Before logging into the Alternatives FCU app, close other apps running in the background on your mobile device.
- Endorse the back of your check with your account number and label it “For Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. Get all four corners of the check and try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Place the check on solid background before taking a photo.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible, in focus, and well-lit before taking the picture.
- Make sure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your checks) is readable. Foreign and third-party checks are not accepted.