COVID-19 CEO Update Letter
By: Eric Levine, CEO
Dear Alternatives Federal Credit Union Members, Customers, and Community Members:
We are proud to be your partner in the communities that we serve. Naturally, we’re constantly monitoring the changing landscape brought to bear by this unpredictable pandemic.
Reminder: New Hours
Our Drive-thru and Walk-up teller services are available: Mondays-Fridays 9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm.
Our Lobby remains closed. We are closed Saturdays until further notice.
We understand that closing between 1-2pm daily presents a potential inconvenience. However, we’re closed at that time to conduct extensive sanitation between shifts and to decrease human contact of our employees between shifts. This protects all of us.
- Starting with this month’s current pay period, we will include a $10 extra daily shift pay for hourly employees for anyone working at the branch (4) or more hours.
- In mid-March, we let all our staff know they will be receiving their full pay regardless of any issue related to COVID-19, including losing child care due to the schools closing. Any time off requests related to COVID-19 will not affect staff accrued paid time off and sick leave.
- Consistent with guidance from the CDC, we’ve increased the disinfecting of our entire branch, particularly the sanitizing of any high-use touchpoints (keypads, tubes, door handles, etc.).
- We’ve installed extra hand sanitizing stations throughout the branch.
- We continue to reinforce all preventative health measures as recommended.
Remote, Reliable Services
- We have an experienced, professional team in place to make sure we can take care of all our valued members, which you can contact from the comfort of your home.
- This is a truly appropriate time to use our mobile and online services and ATMs, thus decreasing your need to come to the downtown branch. **Please note: some ATMs at our partner business locations may have different hours of availability during this time. For the most up to date hours of those ATMs, please visit the business’ websites directly for their current hours of operation.
- Our goal is to continue to provide the reliable customer service you are accustomed to now and into the future. Alternatives Federal Credit Union is committed to serving you in a manner that you trust.
Please check our website at www.alternatives.org for any adjustments that we may need to make, as well as to keep updated on the latest COVID-19 related news that impacts you and yours.
We continue to monitor the latest developments and reports from the CDC, New York State, and the Tompkins County Department of Health regarding the novel coronavirus and I’ll be sending you regular updates accordingly.
Eric Levine, CEO
Alternatives Federal Credit Union