Open an account
Student Credit Union Youth Accounts can be opened three ways:
- Online (start by clicking the button above);
- In person at any school's Student Credit Union branch (see branches here);
- In person at our main branch at 125 N. Fulton St. in Ithaca.
What do you need to open a Youth Account? Just these four items:
- Completed Alternatives Federal Credit Union account card with student's signature
- Student's Social Security number
- $1 minimum initial deposit
- $2 one-time membership fee (waived if parent/guardian is already a member**)
**To have the fee waived, parent/guardian should write their account number under "associated account numbers" on the student's membership card during account opening.
Please note that Alternatives Federal Credit Union cannot release any information to a parent/guardian about the student's account unless the parent/guardian is a joint owner of the account. For joint ownership, please also submit the following:
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Parent/guardian signature on the back of the account card
Opening a youth account makes the account holder a member-owner of the credit union and eligible to cast a vote in our Board elections. When a youth account holder turns 19, their account automatically graduates into a regular membership account.