Staff members at Alternatives have the opportunity to contribute to the Credit Union’s culture through participation in a variety of staff teams. There are management teams, department teams, and inter-departmental teams. Each team has a meeting schedule based on current initiatives and goals for the organization. Below is a list of a few of our opportunities.
Engagement Team goals/objectives:
- Promote our vision within Alternatives
- Champion use of the employee engagement survey and its results
- Utilize/analyze results to better understand what factors are or are not engaging to our employees
- Work together in and outside of our team to determine root causes and possible solutions/actions to the disengaging factors
- Track, follow-through, and share action plan
To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Alternatives has an internal Diversity Team dedicated to sustaining and enhancing an inclusive, diverse population within our organization and the surrounding community.
Our team is committed to:
- Active listening and open dialogue
- Diversity training and opportunity
- Outreach to diverse communities
- Creating a multicultural and welcoming environment both internally and externally
As part of our commitment to the environment and social responsibility, we established a Green Team in 2010. This team is committed to integrating sustainable practices into business operations through water and energy conservation, waste reduction through recycling and reuse, and sustainable purchasing practices.
We offer loans and deposit products that support members in living a sustainable lifestyle.
- Energy Efficiency/Solar Personal Loan
- Energy Efficiency/Solar Home Equity Loan
- Green Certificate
Alternatives Evaluation Team is an interdepartmental group of employees dedicated to understanding how successfully we are achieving our mission and vision. The Evaluation Team has developed a process to identify measures of success for new projects.
Key questions for the team include:
- Why are we doing this?
- What outcomes do we hope to achieve?
- How will we know if we succeeded?
We bring our evaluative mindset to our daily work and our subject matter expertise to the evaluation team. We want evaluation to be integrated into daily operations, understood by all employees, to involve appropriate stakeholders, and to be collaborative, flexible, supported by adequate technological systems and using sound procedures. We coach individuals and assist departments in their efforts to find appropriate evaluation measures. We foster transparent outcome analysis implemented at the beginning of new projects.
- Capture consistent data across all service areas
- Instill an evaluative mindset in employees
- Schedule appropriate time for reflection and follow-through
- Create valid, accessible feedback mechanisms for members, clients, and community