COVID-19 Update: Due to the pandemic, as of April 2020, many of our sites have closed or have limited hours to promote social distancing for the safety of our community. The site list below indicates past sites, but does not guarantee they will be open for the tax season in 2021.
Please visit our Make an appointment page here for the most up-to-date information on our Free Tax Preparation Program.
Alternatives FCU's Free Tax Preparation Program has many sites across Tompkins and Cortland Counties!
Please call 2-1-1 or (877) 211-8667 to find the site and operating hours that are best for you.
Tompkins County locations (click here for flyer)
- Alternatives Federal Credit Union, 125 N. Fulton St., Ithaca, NY
- Tompkins County Public Library: 101 E. Green St., Ithaca, NY
- Danby Town Hall: 1830 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY
- Dryden United Methodist Church: 2 North St. (Corner Rts. 38 & 13)
- Brooktondale Community Center: 524 Valley Rd.
- Groton TCA Head Start and Community Cafe: 110 Sykes St.
- Newfield High School: 247 Main St.
- Access to Independence in Cortland
- United Presbyterian Church in Cortland
- YWCA in Cortland
- Cortland Free Library
- Cortland-Chenango Rural Services
- Cortland Works Career Center
- Truxton Town Hall